War vs Peace: the US against the EU
This new video explains how the EU's abandonment of their own peace intiative - the Sri Lankan Peace Process - under US pressure is part of a US strategy to dominate the world - a war paradigm. The green light given to the Sri Lankan government to slaughter the people of Tamil Eelam from 2006 to 2009, and continue to destroy the collective existence of the Eelam Tamils in the North East of the island today, advances US military power that imperils the security of peoples across the world.
DEFEND THE RIGHTS OF EELAM TAMILS IN GERMANY
Germany’s continued use of terrorism legislation since 2010 to prosecute Eelam Tamil activists for their support of Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) in the period 2007 – 2009 erases Germany’s own central role in bringing the possibility of a permanent just peace to the island. The Sri Lankan Peace Process acknowledged LTTE as authentic representatives of the Eelam Tamils in the North Eastern Province and brought about unprecedented possibilities for a just peace for all communities. Instead Germany’s criminalisation pushes forward US/UK policy that resulted in the mass killings ... of tens of thousands of Eelam Tamils in 2009 and the continuing genocidal process today. In the latest trial which began in Dusseldorf on 27 April 2022, two of the four accused – Nathan Thambi and Anandarajah – pleaded ‘not guilty’ to committing a crime by raising funds for the LTTE, fighting the terrorist characterisation of LTTE. They are currently appealing in a continuing political and legal campaign and need your support.
WOMENS MARCH FOR PEACE
See details womensmarchforpeace.org
See previous articles:
• ‘Monster-Process’ (November 26, 2017) English Deutsch தமிழ்
• Is the Tamil Diaspora to blame? (January 8, 2018) English Deutsch தமிழ்
• Join the campaign! make a selfie or a video clip! (February 20, 2018) English Deutsch தமிழ் español
• Bremen Tribunal prosecutor contextualises case (February 23, 2018) English Deutsch தமிழ்
• Report of Press Conference and events following (June 11, 2018) English Deutsch தமிழ்
• Swiss court decision a historic victory for Eelam Tamil struggle (June 15, 2018) English